Are you looking for a FREE guest speaker at your next meeting, group gathering, work luncheon or radio/tv show? Look no further!
The mission of Better Business Bureau is to be the leader in advancing marketplace trust. To further our mission, we would be pleased to send a member of our professional staff to speak to your organization at no charge! We are happy to prepare presentations for:
· Business and civic organizations
· Rotaries and Chambers of Commerce
· Senior citizens’ groups
· High schools
· Adult education classes
· Religious groups
· and other local organizations
We can present one of our popular topics or prepare something of particular interest to your group that relates to the BBB's work. Presentations can be given as a speech, PowerPoint lecture, classroom instruction, or in a format that works for your group. BBB will also distribute free educational brochures pertaining to your topic of interest.
Some of BBB's Most Popular Speaking Topics include:
· Outsmarting Investment Fraud- NEWEST program offering in conjunction with FINRA Investor Education Foundation! Learn about the psychology of a scam and how to protect yourself from investment fraud...Remember that anyone can become a victim, so join BBB in becoming a Fraud Fighter! Check out BBB Smart Investing for more information on the subject.
· Senior Scoop- Did you know that over 50% of fraud victims are senior citizens? It's unfortunate that older Americans are the fastest growing segment of the population to be victimized by fraud and schemes. Learn about the most common scams to target seniors in our area and how to protect yourself and loved ones from becoming a victim.
· The Better Business Bureau in a New Century- Nationally, the BBB has been around for 100 years aiding people in making wise buying decisions. Learn all about BBB's history, free services offered to consumers and businesses and how to use our website and products.
· Scams and Fraud (at Home, Work and on the Internet)- Identity theft is a growing problem in the United States, especially with the increase in technology use. Learn how to protect yourself from phishing, vishing and smishing scams, as well as dumpster divers and mail fraud!
· Giving Wisely to Charities- During this educational session, a BBB representative will discuss how to choose a trustworthy charity and avoid losing your hard-earned money to a fraudulent charity or scam.
· BBB Military Line- Our military members, veterans and their families are targeted by scammers due to their unique lifestyles. During this presentation, the free services of BBB Military Line will be discussed, along with the most common scams targeting military and how to identify them.
· Other popular topics that can be presented or combined with other topics include:
- Hiring a Home Improvement Contractor
- Scams Targeting Businesses
- Debt Collection
- Ethics in Business
- Making Your Move Scam Free
- Don't Get Scammed Out of Your Vacation Getaway
- Choosing a Trustworthy Tax Preparer
- Sweepstakes and Prize Promotion Scams
- Medical Quackery
- Protecting Yourself from a Storm
- Holiday Tips
- Avoiding Work at Home Scams and Schemes Targeting Job Seekers
- BBB's Monthly Hot Topics: Companies targeting local consumers and businesses
Additional topics are also available upon request.
Presentations usually last 15-30 minutes and may be followed with a question and answer session. Requests for longer presentations and luncheon keynote remarks are also welcome. There is no charge for this service.
We appreciate requests from the community to address issues of concerns to seniors and students, those newcomers to the marketplace, or those on fixed incomes to promote the use of good buying practices.
See your BBB's list of upcoming events!
To arrange a presentation by a BBB representative in the Pittsburgh area and surrounding counties, contact us at 877.267.5222 x 110 or email@example.com.
To arrange a presentation by a BBB representative in the Erie area and surrounding counties, contact us at 877.267.5222 X 134 or firstname.lastname@example.org.